A well-respected developer in Port Elizabeth is seeking to employ an experienced CONSTRUCTION MANAGER/PROJECT MANAGER to join their growing team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the coordination of site operations and management of all contractors on site to ensure the timely completion of various construction projects within the Port Elizabeth area as well as the sourcing and management of contractors and sub-contractors for these projects. The candidate will also need the ability to calculate needed materials and do the ordering there of.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role (within the residential property construction industry)
– Relevant diploma/degree will be advantageous
– Valid driver’s license
– Must be able to work on various sites simultaneously
– Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills
– Must reside in Port Elizabeth
Contractor and Subcontractor Management
• Manage the performance of all relevant Contractors and/or Subcontractors, ensuring quality and timely completion of scheduled tasks.
• Source suitable Contractors and Subcontractors for proposed projects (if/when needed).
• Continuous communication with all team members regarding work schedules and project progress.
• Delegation tasks to relevant team members.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Planning & Scheduling
• Translate general work requirements into a prioritized work schedule.
• Review daily, weekly and monthly (or otherwise) goals to meet the forecasted schedule.
• Conduct site inspections and take corrective and preventative action where/when necessary.
• Promote and support a high-quality work standard within the team by fostering a positive workplace attitude.
• Maintain all necessary foreman and progress reports as required.
Should you be interested in applying for the above-mentioned role, please send your updated CV to: [email protected]
if you do not hear from us in 2 weeks from the date of your application, please consider it unsuccessful.